All Marketplace plans cover the same set of essential health benefits, preventive care, and pre-existing conditions. You can enroll in or renew a plan for 2019 now, so you’ll continue to have access to these benefits.
Essential Health Benefits
- Essential health benefits are a set of 10 categories of services that health insurance plans must cover. This includes doctor’s visits, inpatient and outpatient hospital care, prescription drugs, pregnancy and childbirth, mental health, and more.
- Plans must offer birth control and breastfeeding coverage.
- Plans may offer more benefits, but these are the minimum requirements.
- Most health plans must cover a set of preventive services for free — like shots and screening tests.
- These services are used to prevent illnesses, disease, and other health problems, or to detect illness at an early stage when treatment is likely to work best.
- These services are free only when delivered by a doctor or other provider in your plan’s network.
Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions
- All Marketplace plans must cover treatment for pre-existing medical conditions, like asthma, diabetes, or cancer.
- Marketplace plans can’t deny you coverage or raise your rates due to your health.
- Pregnancy is also covered from the day your plan starts.
For more questions about marketplace coverage and healthcare open enrollment, call Bell & Associates at (662) 260-4635 or request a quote from us online.