Last Updated on
What’s the big deal about marketplace insurance,anyway?
We’re pretty sure that no one anticipates falling ill or getting injured, but let’s face it: medical care is a necessity – a doctor visit, a prescription drug, a lab test, physical therapy, counseling – the list goes on. At some point, everyone is in need of these services, which can cost a pretty penny.
And we can’t forget about the possibility of some sort of surgery! Anything like a broken leg, a c-section, or even an appendectomy is expensive, so it’s really important to have coverage. Just staying in a hospital starts to add up by day!
The Health Insurance Marketplace gives people access to a number of high-quality, routine and non-routine health care coverage options that will properly serve both you and your family without the risk of an overwhelming financial burden.
When do you Receive Benefits?
Guess what? You can start to receive your benefits even before you meet the deductible!
- In the Marketplace, all plans cover certain services such as preventive care and well-woman visits at no cost. That’s right – no cost!
- Benefits, such as free disease management programs and cheaper priced generic drugs are available from some health insurance plans in the marketplace.
- If you get medical services from a provider in your plan’s network, you’ll pay lower prices than you would if you went without any insurance
What does Marketplace Health Insurance Cover?
One of the major benefits of health insurance purchased via the Marketplace is that all health insurance plans are required to cover the same set of essential health benefits, which even includes a pre-existing health condition.Coverage for doctor visits, lab tests, hospitalization, surgery, and emergency care are a few of these benefits that are required. In addition to those, these health benefits are also included in the coverage:
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care You even have access to this coverage if you were pregnant before your coverage started. Most plans also provide benefits for breastfeeding as well
- Preventive services for adults, children, and women. Women’s preventive services include well-woman visits and contraceptive care.
- Mental health and substance abuse services, including behavioral health treatments such as counseling and psychotherapy
- Prescription drugs
There may be additional benefits of health insurance through the Marketplace, like plans that offer dental and vision coverage, and coverage for chiropractic or acupuncture services. When you enter the Marketplace, you will be able to compare plans and see exactly what you could be getting from each one.
For more information on additional benefits, please visit healthcare.gov/coverage.
Are You Afraid of the Marketplace?
If you find yourself confused or worried about how to navigate the Marketplace or figure out your specific needs, do not hesitate to contact Bell and Associates Consulting Firm and allow us to help you. We will make sure that we stop at nothing to find the perfect health care coverage just for you!