During National Medicare Education Week, UnitedHealthcare will host dozens of Medicare education events across the country. At the events:
- Local UnitedHealthcare representatives will present information and answer frequently asked Medicare questions. A survey of last year’s participants showed that 98 percent of respondents reported a better understanding of Medicare as a result of participating in National Medicare Education Week events.
- Walgreens will be onsite to provide blood pressure checks and host “Ask A Pharmacist” booths at select National Medicare Education Week community events across the country.
- To see the list of 2018 events and register to attend, visit NMEW.com.
People can also participate in National Medicare Education Week:
- Through an online event hosted by UnitedHealthcare, where people can get answers to their Medicare questions from the comfort of their home. On Monday, Sept. 17, participants can pre-register online at https://bit.ly/2PsNVlh.
- At MedicareMadeClear.com, a consumer-friendly site with educational articles, videos, and guides. This site is also available in Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese in order to help more people learn in their preferred language.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. In the United States, UnitedHealthcare offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers, and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 1.2 million physicians and care professionals, and 6,500 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide. The company also provides health benefits and delivers care to people through owned and operated health care facilities in South America. UnitedHealthcare is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified healthcare company. For more information, visit UnitedHealthcare at www.uhc.com or follow @UHC on Twitter. Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare. are Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare.