Last Updated on
Medicare Open Enrollment is here! Bell & Associates Consulting Firm is here to help you find the best, affordable health care plan for your needs!
Remember, you still have time to look over, update, or switch your coverage. The annual Medicare Open Enrollment period has started (on October 15) and will continue until December 7.
During the annual enrollment period, you can make changes to different parts of your coverage, such as:
- Switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage or vice versa.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another, or from one Medicare Part D (prescription drug) plan to another.
- You can also enroll in a Medicare Part D plan during the general open enrollment if you didn’t when you were first eligible, although a late enrollment penalty may apply.
If you want to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, you must meet some basic criteria:
- Be enrolled in Medicare Part A and B.
- Live in the plan’s service area.
- Cannot have End-Stage Renal Disease (some exceptions apply).
If you’re already enrolled in a Medicare Part D prescription plan or a Medicare Advantage Plan and you don’t want to make changes to your coverage for the coming year, you don’t have to do anything during open enrollment, as long as your current plan is still available.
Schedule an appointment with us today to get started!