The world is a big place and people are traveling now more than ever! Recently, there has been an outbreak of the Coronavirus, also known as CoVid19, which is raising alarm all over the world. The outbreak is believed to have originated in China. Now there are at least 15 confirmed cases of Americans with the virus.
When preparing to travel, there are several signs that one should be looking out for prior to departing. Considering this information, we would like to provide you some safety tips while you travel to aid in reducing the chances of illness and disease.
1. When preparing to travel, there are several signs that one should be looking out for prior to departing, especially by airplane. Consult with your physician if you have recently experienced any of the following:
- Recent surgery
- Chest pain
- Severe sinus, ear, and nose infection
- Any contagious disease
- A fever of 100.4 degrees or more
2. Research your destination
- You may need certain vaccinations and medicine specific to the location. Be sure to consult with your doctor.
- Be sure that the location is safe to visit. Currently, it strongly recommended that travel to China is limited.
- Consult with the U.S. Foreign Embassy of the country you plan to visit to be sure that your medicine is allowed at your destination.
- Find out if your destination is at risk of a natural disaster.
3. Consider getting travel insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance covers your trip investment in case of death or illness.
- Travel Health Insurance covers visits to overseas clinics and hospitals. Check your insurance plan to see if you are covered while traveling. If you intend to partake in any extreme events such as scuba diving or hang gliding, you could potentially require extreme sports insurance.
- Medical Evacuation Insurance covers the cost of transporting you from a remote location that may have limited medical capabilities. Be sure that the policy offers 24-hour physician support.
Traveling is an amazing experience! There are many sights and wonders all over the world that are just waiting to be seen. Also, travel allows individuals to connect all over the world to conduct business. Whether it is for business or pleasure, make sure that you and your family can enjoy your travels to the fullest by being properly prepared!